Role: Plant Manager
Location: Navi Mumbai
Experience: 7-10 years
Team Size: 15
As Plant Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all plant activities to meet business objectives. You will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that’s consistent with quality requirements. In this role you will be responsible for supply chain, logistics and the human resources issues that need to be handled to keep the operations moving forward smoothly.
- Ensuring on-time, in-full, defect free deliveries of orders in hand in coordination with Sales and Product teams
- Review all production orders and processing schedules and make critical decisions about workflow strategies to ensure all customers receive goods on time
- Develop, implement and track quality control systems, utilizing feedback to reduce scrap and waste through employee education and other efficiency improvements
- Coordinate both the processing of orders and the marketing of plant services to facilitate relationships with customers and supply chain partners in the local and regional communities
- Hire, train and discharge employees in accordance with our organizational bylaws and employee conduct guidebook
- Set and monitor product standards by implementing testing procedures to assure ongoing product quality, as well as initial product reviews and other evaluations needed to ensure a quality end result is shipped to the customer
- Develop or approve of budgets that balance all necessary expenses, including energy and other utilities, debt maintenance, supplies and human resources
- Coordinate with other functions within our organization to improve the quality of the workplace for all employees organization-wide through consistent policy implementation and continuous improvement
- Planning for monthly raw materials requirement, Materials management/Supply Chain management including Warehouse /Stores & inbound Logistics
- Identification of new vendors and evaluation of their technical, commercial and capacity capabilities.
- Working with selected vendors for development of parts constantly improving quality, cost and delivery performance
- Development of alternative vendors for the existing products on a need based review.
Key skills and qualifications needed for the role:
B.E in Production / Mechanical /Industrial Engineering with minimum 8-10 years of experience in a similar role. Prior experience of setting up and scaling operations for manufacturing-based businesses. Prior experience in refrigeration or related industry preferred.