Role: Packaging Engineer
Location: Navi Mumbai
Experience: 1-3 years
As a Packaging Engineer, you will be part of our Product Development & Design team that builds cutting-edge solutions for food and pharmaceutical cold chain packaging. As a packaging expert, you will design and develop sustainable solutions for temperature-controlled packaging that are viable and reliable. You will be part of product launch teams, that launch new products to market.
- You will manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- You will troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
- You will work together with the engineering team to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging.
- You will help establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. You will also identify, evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors and periodically conduct vendor reviews.
- You will have to work closely with suppliers, engineering, operations, sales and sourcing teams.
- You will work closely with Engineering to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- You will work with the manufacturing department to ensure that the packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
- You will work with the Sales team to understand customer requirement and ensure customer delight.
- You will specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs. You will develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specifications.
Key skills and qualifications needed for the role:
- Undergraduate/ Post graduate degree in Packaging and Printing
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards, drafting and specification standards is essential.
- Understanding of 3D CAD software and other design software is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in food and pharma secondary packaging is preferred.
- You should have a passion for innovation and design and must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- You should have a strong customer focus, good problem-solving skills, good communication and influencing skills